About Villa Maria
This authentic Italian restaurant is situated in the beautiful northern suburb of Durbanville and affords beautiful views of the surrounding town and even the mountains, hills and winelands in the distance.
Guests can enjoy a diverse menu that offers reasonably priced, but high quality cuisine. Start off with some garlic snails, beef carpaccio or an antipasti platter consisting of Italian salami, marinated aubergines, grilled peppers, Taleggio cheese, Italian anchovies, dressed olives and onion frittata.
The mains will certainly not disappoint and include delectable burgers, traditional chicken dishes and other, more specialized cuisine. Try the Kleftiko - lamb shank simmered in tomato, garlic, origanum and white wine, served with potato wedges. Alternatively, have a go at the oxtail,slowly braised with celery and carrot in red wine and a touch of tomato served with rice or mash potato. Other favourites are the pork belly rib and the wide selection of steaks and sauces.
The historical, Cape Dutch building creates an Old World feel, and combine this with beautiful views and great tasting food and you've got a recipe for success.
Please note that Villa Maria is closed on Mondays.
Directions to Villa MariaTravelling on the N1 from Cape Town towards Bellville:
• At the Bellville/Durbanville off-ramp, turn left onto the R302/Willie van Schoor Avenue;
• Continue past the Bill Bezuidenhout intersection;
• Proceed into Durbanville Road;
• After five traffic lights, turn right into Kendal Road;
• Turn immediately left into Huguenot Road and continue for 300 m;
• You'll find Villa Maria restaurant on the left on the corner of Bluegum and Huguenot Streets.
Reviews for Villa Maria1 review Reviews of
4 out of 5 stars
Accommodation near Villa Maria
Villa Maria Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling