1 Day Cape Winelands Tour
About 1 Day Cape Winelands Tour
Without a doubt, one of the most alluring features of Cape Town is the Winelands with its vast and verdant beauty. The Cape Wine region boasts a 300-year tradition of producing legendary wines. Today this tradition of excellence is continued on the many commercial and private wine farms in the region.
What makes a day in the Winelands special is the endless temptations, from sampling world acclaimed wines and cheeses, to taking in a panoramic view of the Franschhoek Valley or touring one of the world renowned cellars.
Your special day in the Winelands comes wrapped with an abundance of local knowledge that is presented to you in a most relaxed and enjoyable way. You will have at least 3 wine tastings at various estates as well as a cheese and wine pairing.
The tour starts and ends anywhere in Cape Town as the tour is private.
Tour Duration: approximately 9 Hours.
• Paarl – Home of the Cape Dutch & Victorian houses, numerous world-renowned wine cellars;
• Fairview Wine Estate – Wine & Cheese tasting;
• Spice Route – Wine tasting and magnificent views;
• Drakenstein Prison – This prison is famous as Nelson Mandela was released from here;
• Franschhoek – Home of the French Huguenots and food capital of South Africa;
• Huguenot Museum/Monument – Museum detailing the history of the French Huguenots;
• Vrede en Lust Estate – Wine tasting while gazing over the vineyards. We also enjoy a lunch at the estate (lunch for own account);
• Stellenbosch – A town stooped in history;
• Tokara Wine Estate – Wine & brandy tasting;
• Oom Samie Se Winkel – This store is an institution in Stellenbosch and is a must visit.
• Services of a registered guide
• Land transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
• Pickups and drop offs
• Tourism levy
• All wine/brandy tastings as per itinerary
• All activities and entrance fees as per itinerary
• International airfare (to and from South Africa)
• Activities not specifically mentioned in the itinerary
• Meals not specifically mentioned in the itinerary
• Personal expenses
- Minimum stay: 1 Days
Please note the location on the listing is not where the tour begins - Clients can be collected in Cape Town city centre and surrounds at hotels, Guest Houses etc. or in Stellenbosch.
All our tours are private tours, very intimate and personal. We can adjust the itineraries to the client’s requirements, but this does depend on... Please note the location on the listing is not where the tour begins - Clients can be collected in Cape Town city centre and surrounds at hotels, Guest Houses etc. or in Stellenbosch.
All our tours are private tours, very intimate and personal. We can adjust the itineraries to the client’s requirements, but this does depend on availability. We can accommodate groups of 2-12.
All tours are done in English, but for an additional fee, we can do tours in German, French, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish. All tours are full day tours. Tours to be booked 48 hours in advance. see more
1 Day Cape Winelands Tour Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling