About African Spirit Game Lodge
Booking Summary [Edit]
Need more information?
Want to Book this Property?
About African Spirit Game Lodge
African Spirit Game Lodge is a Big 5, privately owned 4 star Game Lodge, situated 12 km west of Mkuze. We invite guests to come and experience true luxury and warm African hospitality. The lodge is magnificently set in the heart of Zululand, against the backdrop of the Lebombo Mountains.
The lodge is situated within the Manyoni Private Game Reserve in KwaZulu-Natal. We have two self-catering units and four chalets. The two self-catering units can accommodate six and four people alternatively. Both units are comfortable, fully equipped with open-plan kitchens. Everything you need is provided for self-catering purposes. Each unit have a stove, a microwave oven and a fridge-freezer. All linen, bedding, bath towels, toilet paper, kitchen utensils, crockery and a reasonable quantity of firewood is supplied. Please supply your own swimming towels. Cleaning services are included once a day, before midday. Sundays & public holidays there are no cleaning services. Selected satellite channels and a decoder is available in each self-catering unit. Guests can bring their own cards for full DStv.
The chalets are comfortable and stylish, each chalet can accommodates two guests and comprises of two single beds, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioner, minibar, ceiling fan, and tea and coffee facilities.
Game drives minimum two people, please book for game drives in advance. All game drives are conducted from our lodge in an open game viewer. We can do game drives twice a day; early morning anytime from 05h00 and late afternoon anytime from 15h30 all depending on the weather.
Game drives are R550 per adult and R300.00 per child 4-11 years. No self-drives are allowed in the reserve. Guests are not allowed to bring their own alcohol on the game drive. Please note: Parents must be advised that game drives are 3 hours long and it will be appreciated if children are supervised to consider the other guests on the game drive. We have the Big 5 and it is imperative that noise levels be to the minimum for safety reasons. No children under the age of 4 are allowed on game drives.
Please note: there is no meal option with self-catering and we do not have an open restaurant on the premises.
Every visitor to the Manyoni Private Game Reserve will pay a conservation fee which will be added onto their account.
- Laundry Facilities*
- Swimming Pool
- Satellite TV*
- Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- Non smoking rooms
- Pets Not Allowed
- 4 Stars - Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
Safari: We offer safari drives in our Big 5 reserve where you can find a very diverse array of animals such as Elephant, Lion, plains game and many species of birds. We offer game drives twice a day in an open game viewer with professional guides.
Family friendly: Children of all ages are welcome as long as they are supervised by parents at all times. No children are allowed at the pool or bar area without supervision
Conservation Entrance Fee of R150.00 per adult per night and R75.00 per child per night ( 4-12 years )
Check in times must be strictly adhered to: No earlier than 14h00 unless Reception has been notified in advance and check in time will not be allowed later than 20h00 pm.
• No same day bookings due to catering purposes.
• If you cancel after receiving your confirmation (email or any means) or you fail arriving to the lodge on scheduled day of booking, you will lose your deposit.
• A reservation will remain provisional until it is confirmed with a deposit of at least 50%, which is non-refundable; therefore the lodge will not be held responsible for renting your unit out.
• A 50% deposit is required within 3 days of making a booking in order to confirm the reservation.
• African Spirit Game Lodge reserves the right to release any accommodation held where the required deposits or payments have not been timeously received.
• Group reservations deposits must be paid in full before arrival.
• In the event of premature departure, or cancellation during intended stay, guests will be liable for the full payment of pre-booked stay.
• Rates are subject to change without prior notice, but confirmed reservations will be honoured.
• Rates are quoted in South African Rand.
• Activity charges are non-refundable for guests who arrive after activity has started or for activities cancelled on the day of the activity.
• The balance of your accommodation must be paid in full upon arrival.
• Minimum of two/three nights for long weekends (depending on length) and 3 nights for school holidays.
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling