About Buccaneers Lodge and Backpackers
Booking Summary [Edit]
Need more information?
Want to Book this Property?
About Buccaneers Lodge and Backpackers
It has been said that Buccaneers is a bit like a village because of the way it is spread over eight hectares of wild coastal forest right next to the stunning Chintsa Beach. Many describe it as a place to come home to and a legend in its own time. For us it is home and for the past 12 years we have been sharing it with people just like you - travellers from all over the world.
We have created a wide range of accommodation and activities to suit many different needs. Buccaneers Lodge is a haven of tranquility and natural delights. Guests can enjoy quiet beach walks or canoe trips up the Chintsa River or reading a book in the secret bird hide on our own dam. Buccaneers has a lovely lively bar which has certainly seen some great revelry in its time. Our stunning tropical pool is a busy spot in the summer months when a gorgeous poolside café offers decidedly decadent refreshments including divine pizzas. Every day we have some sort of free activity so you can relax and meet the rest of the gang.
Meals are optional but hard to resist. A different dinner is available every night and we always offer a good vegetarian option. We offer famous candlelit dinner parties three times a week and hearty meals in the pub. Breakfasts are leisurely affairs taken in the View of Africa Room with its sweeping views of the Chintsa Bay.
Activities available include marvellous beach horse rides, an excellent surf school, divinely relaxing massages, Chintsa Beach and country bicycle rides, and weekly visits to Bulugha Farm School for a heart-warming Xhosa concert and a chance for you to contribute to our feeding scheme. Right on our doorstep, the Inkwenkwezi Big 5 Game Reserve offers excellent game drives and a unique opportunity to get up close to elephants.
- Swimming Pool
Beach: The property is right next to the stunning Chintsa Beach.
Buccaneers Lodge and Backpackers - terms and conditions
In order to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible, we ask please that you consider the below T&C. We ask that at all times, a mutual respect for all other guest staying at Buccaneers is followed.
• No private alcohol is to be brought onto the property at any time. Buccaneers has a cash bar based on the property and can be utilized by in- house guests only, from the hours of 5pm till midnight. During the day, alcohol is available for sale in the reception area or during summer months at the pool bar area from 12-4
• No drugs of any sort are permitted on the property. Consumption or suspicion of use will result in the relevant authorities being called
• No loud music in private rooms or cottages.
• No playing of music from cars is permitted on the property at any time.
• No external friends are permitted to utilize or be on the property without prior consent from management. Once consent is obtained, a day fee of R50 per person will be charged.
• No Dogs are permitted. Exceptional circumstances may be given however, prior arrangement with management compulsory.
• We have a Zero tolerance to Racism.
• No smoking in any of the buildings at Buccaneers. Please make sure you discard your Butts in dustbins provided around the property.
• We have a recycling program and aim at reducing our waste, so please note the recycling bins provided.
Buccaneers Backpackers cc and Buccaneers Trust indemnity form
By signing this form I acknowledge that I have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of my stay at Buccaneers Backpackers and any excursion which I may take a while staying here whether on my own or with African Heartland Journeys its associated tour operators or suppliers, including road transportation and involving any equipment belonging to Buccaneers Backpackers, African Heartland Journeys, its associated tour operators or suppliers.
I am aware that there could be dangers involved in climbing, canoeing, kloofing, surfing, mountain biking, horse riding, game drivers, and other associated activities and I my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns hereby indemnify, hold harmless and expressly exempt Buccaneers Backpackers cc, Buccaneers Trust, African Heartland Journeys, its associated tour operators and suppliers, its owners, organisers, staff and helpers from any liability for delay, inconvenience, accident, illness, permanent disability or even death to my person, or loss or damage to my property arising from any cause what so ever.
I will obey the lawful instructions of the tour guides, staff and owners. I voluntarily assume the risks of taking part in excursions or activities during my stay at Buccaneers Backpackers.
The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his party that it is a condition of his/her occupation of Buccaneers Backpackers that Buccaneers Backpackers shall not be responsible for any injury to or death of any persons or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or wrongful act of any person in the employment of Buccaneers Backpackers. The guests and members of his party may hand to Buccaneers Backpackers reception for safekeeping money and/or valuables. This receipt does not make the management liable for these goods in any way what so ever.
NOW THEREFORE I record the following:
• I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents and I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between myself and Buccaneers Backpackers cc, Buccaneer Trust, African Heartland Journeys, its associated tour operators and suppliers, its owners, organisers, staff and helpers.
• I warrant that I am 18 years of age or older.
• I am solely liable for my bill/account at Buccaneers Backpackers
• With paying the deposit I agree to this indemnity and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling