About Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Champagne Valley is an area of outstanding beauty situated in the Central Drakensberg, a World Heritage Site, and only two hours’ drive from Durban and three and a half hours from Johannesburg. The two highest peaks, Champagne Castle and Cathkin Peak are to be found in this region of the Central Drakensberg.
Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast is conveniently situated, opposite the Drakensberg Sun Resort, in the heart of Champagne Valley and is in close proximity to all local attractions and restaurants, with many hikes starting from the cottage. It is a mere 4 km drive from The Champagne Sports Resort, with Cathkin Farm and Champagne Castle Hotel also in close proximity.
Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast is intimate and offers warm hospitality with comfortable accommodation in well-appointed rooms, all en suite. Each room comprises tea and coffee-making facilities, a mini-bar fridge and is fully serviced daily. The added luxury of down duvets, and cotton percale and sateen bed linen, and fluffy towels makes your stay even more comfortable. The rooms are equipped with fans and heaters and should you require interleading rooms, these are available.
A varied breakfast menu is on offer to cater to your specific tastes. You will find that as you enjoy these delicious breakfasts on our patio, whilst taking in the view, you will wonder at the magic of it all.
Whether you choose to lie at the pool and read or get out and about exploring; you will find this beautiful place induces great peace and relaxation. Rejuvenation is not an option but just a natural process whilst visiting Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast, in the Champagne Valley.
• Please note:- All Long Weekend Rates are Normal Rates (except for above Peak Season). A minimum stay of 3 nights is mandatory during Peak season and for all long weekends. Long Weekends: A 20% surcharge will be charged should guests not stay for the entire duration of the period.
• Cathkin Cottage also may be hired for self-catering and... • Please note:- All Long Weekend Rates are Normal Rates (except for above Peak Season). A minimum stay of 3 nights is mandatory during Peak season and for all long weekends. Long Weekends: A 20% surcharge will be charged should guests not stay for the entire duration of the period.
• Cathkin Cottage also may be hired for self-catering and accommodates 8 people (with a maximum of 10 persons in 5 bedrooms, with 5 bathrooms). Self-catering is for the exclusive use of the property only. For self-catering bookings a refundable breakage deposit of R400.00 is payable with reservation deposit.
• Rates are subject to change without notice.
• Unfortunately Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast is not suitable for children under the age of 10 years old.
• With respect we do not cater for Halaal, or Kosher, or special diets, although we feel that all persons will find something delicious to eat on our menu. We will try to accommodate special needs where possible. see more
Reviews for Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast4 guest reviews Reviews of
4.5 out of 5 stars
Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling