About De Waterkant Place
About De Waterkant Place
In the heart of the Old Malay Quarter, exclusive De Waterkant Place Guest House is ideally situated, with picture perfect views of Table Mountain, Table Bay and the Waterfront, in one of the oldest, most vibrant, sought-after areas of Cape Town, and only 20 minutes from the airport.
This upmarket residence, with its distinctive and original Bo-Kaap architecture, lies within the unique, historical four-square kilometre area of De Waterkant Village with its quaint, tree-lined, narrow cobbled streets and Old Cape atmosphere.
Beautifully restored and graciously decorated in a Colonial style, De Waterkant Place Guest House offers three levels of well-appointed, spacious rooms, either with en-suite or separate private bathroom. The huge roof-top garden provides panoramic views of both Table Bay, with its busy harbour and waterfront, and the world-famous land mark, Table Mountain.
De Waterkant Place Guest House is conveniently situated within walking distance to the popular V & A Waterfront, Two Oceans Aquarium and Cape Town city centre. Cape Town’s most popular sun-drenched beaches and beach bars are also close by.
Trendy restaurants, coffee shops, delis, chic boutiques and exclusive décor establishments can be found in the immediate vicinity catering to even the most discerning traveller’s tastes.
Come and contemplate the busy De Waterkant Village or gaze at the majestic Table Mountain and sip a sundowner. Mark your days by the firing of the nearby noon day gun, you wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.
- Airport Shuttle
- Laundry Facilities*
- Satellite TV*
- Credit Card Facilities
- 3 Stars - Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
Our policy regarding cancellations:
•Guests will be charged a 50% deposit of the total accommodation price to secure and confirm any reservation.
•Bookings cancelled up to 61 days prior to arrival, will forfeit the 50% deposit paid
•A further 20% of the total price will be charged, if cancelled within the 60 days prior to arrival date.
•Be aware that this is a two-part payment – the first payment will be charged at the time of booking, and the second payment only applies if you cancel your booking within 60 days prior to your arrival
• Check-in time is from 2pm on the day of arrival.
• Check-out time is before 11am on the day of departure.
• Guests are obliged to vacate their room and check-out by the time communicated to them by management. Failure to do so will render you liable for an additional night's charge unless prior and alternative check-out arrangements have been made with De Waterkant Lodge's management.
• To guarantee an earlier check-in upon arrival the room will have to be booked from the day prior to your arrival at the same room rate; i.e. therefore you will be charged for an extra days’ accommodation.
• Late departure may be arranged subject to availability of the room and will be charged at the same rate as the rest of your accommodation.
• Please note that we are a non-smoking establishment, although you are welcome to smoke on our terraces and roof deck.
• No booking will be secured without a 50% deposit
• The balance of your account will be settled in full upon your arrival at the guest house.
• We require: 1. a signed copy of this document by fax/email. 2. Your estimated time of arrival, as office closes 17h30 weekdays and 16h30 Weekends and Public Holidays
• We will send an email as confirmation of receipt. Visa, Master & AMEX accepted
• Please note that our reservation office closes at 17:30 weekdays, and 16h30 weekends and Public Holidays. Should guests wish to check in after hours, arrangements need be made with management prior to arrival. An after-hours surcharge of R150.00 will be charged, which is payable on arrival
Whilst De Waterkant Lodge is of intent to take reasonable measures to keep all personal information about you confidential, it shall however not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, suffered as a result of the disclosure of such information if beyond our control.
De Waterkant Lodge will:
• Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
• Take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
• Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorized use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
• Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
• Upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling