About At The Seas Edge
About At The Seas Edge
At the Sea's Edge is a charming, self-catering unit located on the owner's property on a hill in Ocean View (Bluff) in southern Durban. This unit offers breathtaking sea views. Edge of the Sea is just a 12-km drive from various attractions at the harbor and downtown.Guests enjoy the beautiful sea views while watching the sunrise over the sea and the dolphins in the waves from the garden, living area or bedroom. The unit has a tranquil atmosphere with the reassuring noise of the waves in the background.This stylish unit has one bedroom with two three-quarter
At the Seas Edge, 121 Marine Drive, Bluff, Durban. 4052 - South Africa
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT: These Booking Conditions set out the Terms of Contract with us so please study them carefully. Your contract is with a South Africa citizen trading as At the Seas Edge.
1. MAKING A BOOKING AND DEPOSIT In order to make a booking, we require 50% of the total property rental cost. No contract exists between us until we have received this amount.
There is a minimum stay policy of two (2) nights during the year and seven (5) nights in the December-January peak period.
2. PAYMENT OF BALANCE The remaining balance must be paid by the due date, which is usually at least four (4) weeks before your arrival. If the balance has not been paid by the required date, we shall be entitled to cancel your booking and retain the full deposit. If your booking is only made within four weeks of your arrival, you will generally be required to pay the full rental payment at the time of the booking unless otherwise agreed and indicated by us.
3. CLEANING SERVICE Cleaning is not included in the rental rate. Cleaning requests would require at least 24-hour notice to arrange and this is at an additional charge of R250 per day.
The cleaning service does not extend to personal laundry and cooking. Should this be required, this is at your own risk, and please arrange directly with the housekeeper an agreed rate.
4. OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED IN RENTAL COST The rental cost includes electricity, water, council rates and levies, satellite TV, uncapped wireless internet.
One garage parking with direct access to the property and one off-street parking bay.
Linen, bath towels and beach towels, hairdryers and liquid bath soaps are provided.
5. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES Check in time is at 2pm on the day of arrival and check out time is at 10am on the day of departure. We will try to accommodate any reasonable request for an early check-in or late departure but this cannot be guaranteed should previous guests be leaving the day you arrive, or new guests arriving the day you depart. We may ask you for an additional fee payment to secure your early arrival or late departure that might entail having to bring in extra staff to prepare the apartment. If this is important to you, please request this prior to booking.
6. CANCELLATION BY YOU If you wish to cancel the booking, the person who booked must do so by notifying us in writing via email or fax. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective from the date of its receipt by us.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
No show or cancellation within 14 days of stay – No refund due.
Cancellation between 15 and 30 days before stay – 25% of the deposit will be refunded.
Cancellation between 60 and 30 days before stay – 50% of the deposit will be refunded
Cancellation more than 60 days before stay – full refund
Please note that no refunds will be given for failure to comply with the South African visa regulations and having your trip cancelled due to that.
7. ALTERATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS BY US
It is very unlikely that we will have to make any changes to arrangements once these have been confirmed. If this does happen we will let you know as soon as possible. If, for any reason we are unable to provide you with the property you have booked, we will cancel the booking, refund the full amount paid to us for the property and we will work diligently, and at no cost to you, to assist in finding a reasonably similar property as substitute.
Regardless of whether or not a substitution property is found, we will not be liable for cancellation charges for travel arrangements or any further claims by you or anyone else in your party.
For the avoidance of doubt, in no event whatsoever and regardless of cause, shall the Agent or the Owner(s) of 121 on Marine, or any other party associated with this rental transaction, have any liability for any cause whatsoever in excess of the amount that has been paid by renter under this booking agreement except as otherwise specifically required by Law.
8. CHILDREN Unfortunately, this property is not very child friendly and the issues of concern for guests with younger children are steep drops and an unfenced, unsupervised pool without pool cover as well as an open staircase. Guests staying with children do so at their own risk and are urged to take all due care and attention during their stay. We do not accept any responsibility for any injuries on this property.
9. TELEPHONE AND INTERNET SERVICES The wireless internet facility is free and uncapped. It is at the fastest speed we currently have available for this area and may seem slow to you coming from a more first world country. We do not have a telephone facility.
10. STAIRS Please note that this apartment is on the lower level of a house and has stairs to the entrance of the apartment and to the terraced garden. The garage access on to the property is on street level and you walk down the stairs to the rear of the property. The apartment is one more level down.
11. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS Only those persons mentioned in the booking may use the property and under no circumstance may the total number of people sleeping on the property exceed the maximum number stipulated. We are entitled to request you and your party to vacate the property if this rule is not complied with.
12. BEHAVIOUR The person who has booked is responsible for the behaviour of everyone using the rental property during the rental period. If anyone in your party or any guest or invitee behaves in an unacceptable manner by any civilised standard, the entire party may be required by us to vacate the property without further notice. It is not considered acceptable behaviour to make excessive noise including playing music loudly especially between 11pm at night and 7am in the morning, and such behaviour will not be tolerated as this property is in a quiet residential area.
13. SMOKING This is a non-smoking property and you are kindly requested to refrain from smoking inside the rented premises. Ashtrays are provided for outside use so please do not litter the garden with cigarette butts.
Should you decide to smoke inside, your breakage deposit will cover all charges for the air/furniture cleansing company. Should we not have had enough time to clean this before the next arrival, you will also be charged for any refunds we have to give the next guests to ease their discomfort.
14. RESPONSIBILITIES It is your responsibility, and that of each of the persons named on the Booking Contract: (a) to pay for any losses or damages to the property or premises, however caused (reasonable wear and tear excluded) (b) to take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period (c) to permit the property manager reasonable access to the property (d) not to part with any possession of the property, or share it, anyone other than with members named on the Booking Contract and (e) not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupant of adjoining premises.
Due to high velocity winds and unexpected rain, it is imperative that the glass doors and windows are secured properly when retiring or when leaving the premises.
15. PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS The property descriptions used on our web site or otherwise provided to you are made in good faith and are believed to be an accurate representation.
16. COMPLAINTS AND PROBLEMS DURING YOUR STAY If you have any complaints and problems during your stay, please let us know as soon as possible so that they can be remedied. However, we are not responsible for issues out of our control such as failure of the water supply, electricity, telephone and internet services, pool filtration, or any of the appliances. We will do our best to resolve any problems as soon as possible once notified of them. We must stress the importance of bringing complaints or problems to our attention as soon as possible during your stay as we cannot be expected to help if you only notify us following your departure. In the event that you vacate the property without our notification during the rental period, you will lose any rights you might otherwise have had to compensation.
17. BREACH OF CONTRACT If any one of these conditions is breached by any of the persons named on the Booking Contract or any of the guests or invitees, we reserve the right to enter the property and terminate the rental agreement with immediate effect.
18. LIABILITY We do not accept liability for any act, neglect or default for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which any of the persons named on the booking or any of their guests or invitees may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with, the property rental.
19. INSURANCE All guests are strongly advised to arrange comprehensive insurance against travel and other related risks as any loss or damage including theft of personal items cannot be claimed against the property insurance. It is the responsibility of the persons named on the Booking Contract and those accompanying them to fully insure their personal items and also to keep the property secured by setting any alarm and securing all doors, windows and gates when going out.
20. AUTHORITY TO SIGN The person who completes the booking certifies that (a) he or she is authorised to agree to these conditions on behalf of all persons named for the duration of rental of this property, including those submitted at a later date (b) the signatory is over eighteen years of age and a member of the party intending to occupy the property and (c) he or she takes full responsibility for any persons occupying the property during the booking period.
21. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION South African law shall govern the validity, construction and performance of these conditions. It is agreed between us, and the person named on the Booking Contract, that any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts.
- Swimming Pool
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Parking on Premises
- Air conditioning
- Iron and board
- Non smoking rooms
- Pets Not Allowed
- No TGCSA Grading
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling