St. James Manor
About St. James Manor
Booking Summary [Edit]
Need more information?
Want to Book this Property?
About St. James Manor
The St. James Manor is a luxurious and stately seaside retreat overlooking the trendy and vibrant fishing village of Kalk Bay, with majestic views across False Bay and the Indian Ocean.
St James, historically known as ‘millionaire’s mile’ is making its comeback as one of the trendiest places to stay in Cape Town. The area still boasts the traditional colorful Victorian bathing boxes and grand old houses. Fresh fish can be brought from the local fishermen and the harbor itself offers excellent seafood restaurants from rustic local cuisine to fine dining experiences. Mediterranean in style, the main road is a hive of novel antique shops, deli’s, boutiques and art galleries a mere three minutes walk from The St James Manor. In front of The St James Manor, across the road, you will find the famous tidal pools and swimming beaches. A favorite pastime is the early morning swim in the wind protected, warm waters of St James. St James also offers interesting walks along the historic promenade and up the imposing mountains. Perhaps the biggest attraction is the land based whale watching in season. They appear literally meters from the shoreline and can be seen clearly from The St James Retreat.
The St James, built a hundred years ago, has an aura of grandeur and old world charm. A magnificent staircase leads up to the large suites, individually decorated to reflect the opulent times of a bygone era. Carved into the mountain is a private and wind protected swimming pool and tanning deck with views across False Bay. Breakfasts are a specialty, offering a wide choice of interesting fare and are inclusive as are all beverages. Dinners and lunches are available by arrangement. An in-house chauffeur service is available to guests for restaurant transfers or tailored tours to the highlights of Cape Town.
- Swimming Pool
- 5 Stars - Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
Rates Include: Full gourmet breakfast, all alcoholic and other beverages, in-room mini bar fridges, Internet and email access, parking and personalized concierge services.
Rates Exclude: Lunch and dinner, laundry, chauffeur transfers and tour services, telephones, special chef services and gratuities.
Rates are quoted in South African Rands per room per night inclusive of 14% VAT and all bed levies and are subject to change without notice.
Bookings and reservations:
• Provisional bookings will only be held for a maximum of 72 hours.
• 50% deposit will be required to convert status from provisional to a confirmed booking.
• Balance of accommodation, 50%, will be due 30 days prior to arrival.
• Rovos Rail reserves the right to release bookings should payment not be received by the required date.
• Children over the age of 5 years old are most welcome at The St James.
• Children aged between 5 – 7 years can share the room with their parents. The first child is free but the 2nd child will pay 25% of the room rate (this is limited to two children).
• Children over 8 years old and sharing will need to take their own room and pay the applicable room rate.
• Entire guest house: If the entire guest house is booked on an exclusive basis then children of all ages are welcome.
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling