About Tented Adventures Pretoriuskop
Tented Adventures Pretoriuskop offers an authentic tented safari experience, situated within Pretoriuskop Rest Camp in the Kruger National Park. The area is home to Africa’s Big 5.
This is the ideal getaway for couples and individuals seeking adventure. Accommodation is offered in 8 safari tents, suited for two people sharing. Rates include a full English and continental breakfast, a dinner braai buffet, and a morning and afternoon game drive.
The comfortably appointed safari tents offer the glamping luxuries including electricity, electric blankets, a small deck, high ceilings, bedside lamps, high-quality beds, bedding, and a fan for those hot summer nights. All safari tents are serviced daily, and are equipped with beds with 2 pillows.
Establishment facilities include communal bathrooms, a swimming pool, a bar, a restaurant, a curios shop, game viewing, and game drives. All camps are hosted by a fantastic team, and offer selected activities and South African cuisine.
Safari: Kruger Park is the icon of safari experiences. Included is daily safaris in safari vehicles and tents with views of the bush. Wake up to the calls off the resident Guineafowl and go to bed with the sounds of hyenas calling.
Romantic: Our tents are comfortable and have private decks looking onto the bush, our dinners are under the night sky (weather permitting) and being in the bush together can not get any better.
Guided Safaris: Tented Adventures Pretoriuskop offers an authentic tented safari experience, situated within Pretoriuskop Rest Camp in the Kruger National Park. Included is daily safaris in safari vehicles.
Romantic Safaris: Our tents are comfortable and have private decks looking onto the bush, our dinners are under the night sky (weather permitting) and being in the bush together can not get any better.
Camping Safaris: We offer tented camps for those looking to camp while enjoying safari activities in the area.
Bookings/Payment Terms and Conditions
• Acceptance of the booking is on behalf of the person making the booking and all other persons included in the booking request, which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the booking themselves. The accommodation and safari services are managed and controlled... Bookings/Payment Terms and Conditions
• Acceptance of the booking is on behalf of the person making the booking and all other persons included in the booking request, which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the booking themselves. The accommodation and safari services are managed and controlled by Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited, and no person has any authority on its behalf to vary any of the terms and conditions, which are applicable. All legal disputes will be settled in a South African Court of Law.
• Bookings made online via the Tented Adventures website are subject to an immediate deposit payment in order to secure the reservation.
• For all provisional reservations made via Central Reservations, these will be held for 7 days from the date the request is received. Should confirmation of the reservation not be received within those 7 days, the provisional reservation will be cancelled.
• Booking confirmations must be received in writing.
• Once confirmation has been received for a provisional reservation, it will be marked as confirmed and the deposit payment will be required within 7 days in order to secure the reservation and cancellation policies and procedures will be applied from the date this confirmation is received.
• A deposit payment of 25% of the total booking value is required within 7 days of the confirmation being received, and the balance of payment is due 60 days prior to the arrival date;
• Reservations made within 60 days prior to the arrival date at the property are subject to payment in full.
• It should be noted and understood that Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited will not be held liable if bookings with suppliers are cancelled due to the non-payment of Proforma Invoices on the due date. Failure to pay by the due date, as stated on the Proforma Invoice, will result not only in cancellation of bookings but also in the forfeiture of any Deposits paid on behalf of the Client to various suppliers.
• Modifications will be accepted for reservations exceeding 60 days to arrival. However, these changes are subject to availability and rate changes. If there is any increase in rates for the new dates, these will be added to the reservation, however, the original rate will not be decreased should there, for example, be a special running for the new dates booked.
• Changes within 60 days prior to arrival are seen as a cancellation and you will be charged as per the cancellation policy.
• If, after confirmation of the booking is received, you want to reduce the number of guests, tents or nights booked, the cancellation policy will be applicable to the cancelled guests, tents or nights. In principle, alterations cannot be permitted less than 60 days prior to arrival.
Other Fees / Charges and Additional Extras
• Any additional fees or charges that pertain to your reservation, such as mandatory park admission fees or conservation fees, are not included in the rates and will be for the Guest account. These fees are subject to change at any time.
• Bookings for SANParks activities are subject to availability and Tented Adventures will require full pre-payment for the activity prior to any reservations being made with SANParks on your behalf.
• Charges for the likes of transfers and activities with external suppliers may also require full pre-payment (this will be advised at the time of booking) and these will also be subject to the standard cancellation fees unless otherwise stipulated.
• All additional extras/ programme enhancements/ experiences that are confirmed after the final payment is received, need to be paid in full prior to arrival.
• All additional extras/ programme enhancements/ experiences confirmed during the guest stay need to be settled in full on departure.
All cancellations must be received in writing and the following will apply as per the date the notification is received:
• Where notice of cancellation is received within 60 (sixty) days of arrival for activities have been pre-booked with SANParks - 100% (one hundred percent) of the activity amount will be forfeited to Tented Adventures.
• Where notice of cancellation is received from you until 60 (sixty) days prior to travel – 25% (twenty five percent) of the total reservation amount will be forfeited to Tented Adventures.
• Where notice of cancellation is received from you between 59 (fifty nine) and 30 (thirty) days prior to travel – 50% (fifty percent) of the total reservation amount will be forfeited to Tented Adventures
• Where notice of cancellation is received from you between 29 (twenty nine) and 14 (fourteen) days prior to travel – 75% (seventy five percent) of the total reservation amount will be forfeited to Tented Adventures
• Where notice of cancellation is received from you within 13 (thirteen) days prior to travel – 100% (one hundred percent) of the total reservation amount will be forfeited to Tented Adventures
• Refunds based on a credit card payment: the relevant cancellation fee, less a 3% (three percent) credit card surcharge of the total booking value;
• Refunds based on a direct bank deposits: the relevant cancellation fee, less actual bank charges debited by the payor’s bankers;
• Refunds based on a foreign exchange transfers: the relevant cancellation fee, less actual bank charges debited by the payor’s bankers;
• Refunds are based on the Tented Adventures proforma invoice amount in South African Rands. The rate of exchange on the day that the transaction is processed by the bank will be used to determine the equivalent foreign exchange amount with any resulting foreign exchange differences or bank charges being for your account.
• Tented Adventures receives payments only in South African Rands.
• Credit Card – Visa, Mastercard and AMEX only. (Immediate deposit payment when booking via the website; if booked via Central Reservations a link for payment via Paygate will be e-mailed).
• Bank transfer – in this instance the amount will be converted by your bankers on presentation of our Proforma Invoice. It is your responsibility to inform and instruct your bankers that the net Proforma Invoice amount must equal the funds clearing into the Tented Adventures bank account and that all bank charges in this regard are for your account.
• Payments required are based on the Tented Adventures proforma invoice amount in South African Rands. The rate of exchange on the day that the transaction is processed by the bank will be used to determine the equivalent South African Rand amount with any resulting foreign exchange differences or bank charges being for your account.
• Tented Adventures does not accept cash payments in local or foreign currency at our camps. They have Visa, Mastercard and AMEX facilities available.
• Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited cannot accept responsibility for any delays, postponements/ cancellations of the programme/ itinerary/ event, as a result of weather and its associated effects and will not accept liability for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused or injury caused by or from weather conditions.
Alcohol and Beverages
• Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited will take no responsibility with regards to the use of alcoholic beverages on site and offers no bar service. Guests are advised to provide their own drinks whilst in camp.
Insurance and Other Important Documents
• Travel and Cancellation Insurance is recommended however it is the Client’s responsibility to arrange such insurance and to be satisfied that it covers their specific requirements.
• The client cannot hold Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited liable for any advice and/ or inadequate and/or the non-purchase of travel insurance
• It is the guests sole responsibility to ensure that all passports, visas, health certificates, proof of vaccinations, reference letters, travel and medical insurance and any other documentation required (for you and anyone travelling with you) are all valid, in force and in order for the countries and locations to be visited.
Theft and Loss
• All baggage and personal effects are at all times at the Clients risk and Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited cannot accept any liability for any loss of baggage or personal effects.
Damage and Loss to Infrastructure and Equipment
• Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited will hold the Client directly responsible or liable for any damage or loss to equipment or infrastructure resultant of negligence, malicious intent or theft.
• The Client acknowledges being made aware of the proposed Itinerary and therefore the following is applicable:
• It is the Client’s obligation to ensure that he/ she is medically fit and able to embark upon such a trip or partake in activities as per the proposed Itinerary.
• It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the necessary Medical Rescue Insurance is in place prior to the start of the booking.
• Malaria is a serious threat and should not be taken lightly and it is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the necessary precautions are taken.
• In light of the COVID19 Pandemic, all guests must agree that:
o Their body temperatures will be recorded on arrival, during their stay and on departure
o This information may be disclosed to the health authorities should it be deemed necessary
Liability and Responsibility
• Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the highest standards of maintenance of all vehicles and equipment, a breakdown or delay could occur at any time, which is beyond the control of Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited.
• Any such problem will be rectified as soon as is humanly possible to do so under prevailing conditions. Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited and its agents, act as agents of the company or persons making the booking on all matters pertaining to transport by road. The company shall not be held liable for death, injury, delay, loss or damage resulting from any cause and in any manner whatsoever. The “company” shall not be liable for any expenses arising from any of the above.
• Liability to passengers carried in any vehicle owned by the “company” is governed by the laws of the country in which such safari / tour takes place, and all claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the course of action take place.
• Completing the booking process including payments made for the booking the Client hereby acknowledges that neither; Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited, its members, servants or agents shall be in any way liable for injury, loss or damage to person or property sustained howsoever arising, by your Client / party or any other person accompanying the trip / tour. Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited is hereby indemnified against all and any claims which may be made against it or any of its members of staff.
Other Liability and Responsibility
• Any sojourn into the wild may bring a Client into contact with wild animals, which must be considered dangerous.
• Tended Camp Adventures PTY Limited does not hold itself responsible for death, injury or loss, which may occur.
• All Clients will be obliged to individually sign an Indemnity Form in this regard.
• The Company shall not be liable for a failure to perform any of its obligations insofar as it proves:-
• That the failure was due to an impediment beyond its control;
• That it could not reasonably be expected to have taken the impediment and its effects upon its ability to perform, into account at the time of the conclusion of this Agreement; and
• That it could not reasonably have avoided or overcome the impediment or at least its effects.
• An impediment, as aforesaid may result from events such as the following (this enumeration not being exhaustive):-
• War, whether declared or not, civil war, civil violence, riots and revolutions, acts of sabotage;
• Natural disasters such as violent storms, cyclones, earthquakes, tidal waves, floods, destruction by lightning and fire;
• Explosions, fires, destruction of machines, factories and any kind of installations;
• Boycotts, strikes, and lock-outs of all kinds, go-slows, occupations of factories and premises and work stoppages;
• Pandemics, epidemics, government instructed lockdowns;
• Acts of authority, whether lawful and unlawful.
• In the event that the Company invokes force majeure, it shall use its best endeavours to terminate the circumstances giving rise to force majeure and upon the termination of these circumstances giving rise thereto, shall forthwith give written notice thereof to the Client.
• In the event that the Company invokes force majeure, it shall not be liable to provide a refund. Any refunds will be at the goodwill and discretion of the Company and cannot be guaranteed.
• The Company cannot be held liable for non-performance due to Force Majeure.
• Tended Camp Adventures (PTY) Limited reserves the right to utilise any photographs taken during the trip/ tour for any future advertising / promotional purposes.
• Any deposit payment against a Quotation will be deemed that the client has fully read and accepted our Booking Terms and Conditions.
Reviews for Tented Adventures Pretoriuskop4 guest reviews Reviews of
3.5 out of 5 stars
Tented Adventures Pretoriuskop Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling